HAWTHORNE, N.Y. — January 4, 2019 —BTX Technologies is pleased to announce the version 2.7 release of the BookIT room scheduling solution.
BookIT 2.7 includes many new enhancements, but the most exciting features are:
• Digital Signage – BookIT panels can now be used to display digital signage and company information
via HTML5 when meetings are not scheduled.
• Enhancements to Panel Usage – A new meeting duration picker and a default Meet Now meeting
title work together to further simplify the process of adding meetings directly from the BookIT touch panel.
“We’re proud of this release as it directly addresses the feedback we’ve gotten from our customers. Organizations want to use our BookIT panels for digital signage and messaging when meetings are not scheduled and now, they can. Our customers also want complete simplicity when setting up impromptu “Meet Now” meetings from a BookIT display. Version 2.7 reduces that process to three simple touches. While this release is substantial, look for another release this year that continues to expand BookIT’s capabilities,” says Greg Schwartz, CEO of BookIT and BTX Technologies.
Customers with current software maintenance can upgrade to Version 2.7 for free.
The complete list of new features and fixes for 2.7 are listed below
New Features and Enhancements:
• Digital Signage - BookIT panels can now be used for digital signage via HTML5. Display useful information such as corporate messaging on BookIT panels when meeting rooms are not in use.
• Default Meet Now Title - Set a default title to be used when adding a meeting with the Meet Now button.
• Meeting Duration Picker - When adding meetings, users can now simply select a meeting duration.
• Allow Anyone to Release or Extend Meetings – With new settings, an organization can allow anyone to release a meeting room or extend a meeting from the BookIT display, not just the meeting owner.
• Optimized Calendar Lookahead - Calendar items will now load even faster, which makes booking future meetings directly from the panel easier.
BookIT, a division of BTX Technologies, is a dynamic room scheduling solution that helps organizations optimize their
ROI on shared meeting spaces. It allows users to choose rooms and schedule / change meetings from their BookIT panels, computers or mobile devices and integrates seamlessly with MS Exchange™, Office 365™ and G Suite™, requiring no additional server nor middleware. BookIT has set the standard for ease of use with an ultra-intuitive user interface
and is simple to install with many mounting options available.
About BTX Technologies, Inc.
BBTX is an award-winning, value-added distributor and manufacturer of products that range from room scheduling systems, collaboration software, capture and streaming devices, digital signage and a host of signal processing and integration essentials for video, audio and data applications. BTX specializes in bringing emerging technologies to
its integration clients to help them find new revenue streams for their businesses. BTX has over 75 product lines, an
in-house fiber lab and an in-house metal shop for production of high quality custom plates, panels and breakout boxes.
All of the company’s products are available online at www.btx.com, by calling 800-666-0996, and from a selection of international distributors listed on the company’s website.